| Goal |
| The objectives of this Project Management work package are: |
- to ensure effective coordination of the project;
- to ensure efficient management of common consortium activities;
- to ensure effective overall administrative and financial management of the project;
- to ensure the running of a quality assurance process;
- to manage the risks and propose mitigation strategies and contingency measures if needed;
- to establish a good communication channel and ensure coordination with the S2R JU.
System Architectures, Technical Coherence and alignment with Shift2Rail
| The objectives of this WP are: |
This Work Package is linked to all the other technical work packages: namely WP3, WP4, WP5 and WP6.
- to manage the Technical coordination of this project with collaboration of an Infrastructure manager (RFI);
- to ensure the Technical Coherence and Alignment with S2R;
- to provide the First level support for 12 months during installation, commissioning and testing phase of the prototypes of the S2R X2RAIL2/4 prototypes (addressing the Open Call work stream 5).
Delivery of Hardware and Software
| The objectives of WP3 Delivery of Hardware and Software, are: |
- Analysing In2Rail project deliverables related to Requirements Needed for the IL, AF, data base (DB) and the requirements based on OPTIMA physical architecture.
- Producing the Hardware Components Specifications (HCS) for HW selection and operating system SW choice (e.g. RHE Linux); to deliver, setup and check OS SW/HW integration of IL, AF and DB server.
- Delivering setup and check OS SW/HW integration of Workstations and Business Client servers.
- Installing configured HW in IM premises.
- WP3 is linked to WP2, which will validate the work performed in WP3 (alignment with S2R programme, coherence with IP2-02 technical work stream and other WPs), as well as to WP4, WP5 and WP6, which will develop in parallel a middleware and software for IL, AF and business clients and configure DB that will run on the delivered HW, respectively. So, the incoming requirements will be considered to produce the HCS. and then, the compatibility will be checked.
| WP4 Integration Layer middleware
| The WP4 goal is to define and develop the Integration Layer Middleware. This middleware is the core of the demonstrator, its role is to support the CDM, and all specified communication and data management processes for |
Integration Layer, Application Framework, Operators Workstation and Web-If.
The main objectives of this WP are:
to design an Integration Layer according to the requirements;
to develop the Integration Layer API;
to develop the Integration Layer services.
This WP is linked to:
- WP3: Integration Layer Middleware will run on delivered hardware;
- WP5: Integration Layer Middleware will interact with business services, application set up and session management;
- WP6: Integration Layer Middleware will interact with the databases set up and CDM definitions (encoding/decoding
- of raw values);
- WP7: Integration Layer Middleware will be validated
| WP5 Integration of business clients/services
| The main goal of WP5 is the integration of the different business clients/services with the Integration Layer. This will be achieved with mapping function converting data of specific formats to a CDM and all necessary administrative processes to manage the clients/services. |
The objectives can be broken down into the following:
- to determine source data (like Interlocking systems, RBSs, Weather Forecast, Passenger Information Systems, etc) availability and its format in conjunction with IMs;
- to design, develop and test web and software clients;
- to map specific client/service data formats to CDM;
- to design, develop and test client/service – IL (Integration Layer) interfaces;
- to design, develop and test Operator Workstation and Application Framework IL interfaces;
This WP is linked to:
- WP3: software clients will run on delivered hardware from WP3;
- WP4: software clients will need to communicate with IL set up in WP4;
- WP6: software clients will need to communicate with the databases set up in WP6;
- WP7: software clients will be validated in WP7.
| WP6 Conceptual Data Model and Database configuration
| The first objective of WP6 is to provide a usable and adaptable data management system for the TMS, in time for system tests and validation under WP7. The data management aspects dealt with under WP6 are: |
the platform-independent CDM, and the definition of the corresponding databases, here implemented as the persistence layer associated with the Integration.
The second objective is to take the CDM as it was outlined in the course of the In2Rail project (WP8 and 9, 2016), to complete its specification, and to seek alignment with the works under the Linx4Rail project running in parallel.
This WP is linked to:
- WP2 (System architecture, technical coherence, and alignment with S2R; especially in relation with Linx4Rail);
- WP4 (middleware configuration for the Integration Layer);
- WP5 (integration of business clients/services);
- WP7 (validation of the system).
Testing and validation of the system
| Objectives are: |
- develop a coherent test plan and scenarios for validating the Integration Layer (including all IT subsystems), with default modules as well as the integrated modules from the complementary projects;
- carry out all necessary testing of the Integration Layer and the traffic management demonstrator platform for validation against the requirements;
- test and validate the Integration Layer system for the traffic management demonstrator with integrated modules from complementary projects validating the testing capability of the Integration Layer system and the development of the modules from complementary projects.
| WP8 Dissemination, communication and exploitation
| The main objective of this work package is to ensure that the project results and outputs are disseminated widely and effectively exploited by their target groups (including S2R). |